Get Help

If you have questions about your reverse mortgage, contact the mortgage company that services your loan. Your servicer’s contact information should be on your loan paperwork or on the periodic statements or notices you receive regarding your reverse mortgage loan balance. Additionally, we’ve listed several large reverse mortgage loan servicers on the table below (expand section to view). You’ll also find out how to contact a free HUD-approved housing counseling agency, how to avoid scams, and information on State Programs in the expandable sections below.

If you are struggling with paying your property-related expenses (such as property taxes and insurance), it is strongly recommended and encouraged that you work with a HUD-approved housing counseling agency.

Your counselor will help you review your financial situation and work with your mortgage servicer. In addition, your counselor will be able to refer you to other resources that might assist you in balancing your budget and retaining your home.

Your reverse mortgage servicer can provide you with information about free HUD-approved housing counseling agencies and how to contact them.

What Documents Will My Counselor Need?

Your reverse mortgage counselor will provide specific information on the documents you’ll need to provide and your next steps—typically you will need to provide documentation of your income and expenses.

Mortgage Company Serviced By Toll-Free Telephone Number Website
Champion Mortgage Champion Mortgage 866-654-0020
Citizens First Wholesale Mortgage Reverse Mortgage
Solutions, Inc.
Celink Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
DLJ Mortgage Capital Inc. Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
Everbank Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Celink & RMS 866-654-0020 (Celink)
888-892-8996 (RMS)
Live Well Financial Inc. Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
Mortgage Asset Management Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
Reverse Mortgage Funding RMF Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
Sun American Mortgage Company Celink 866-654-0020 n/a
Sun West Mortgage n/a 800-453-7884
Urban Financial Group, Inc. Reverse Mortgage
Solutions, Inc.
& Celink
877-774-1419 (RMS)
866-654-0020 (Celink)
Wendover Financial
Services Corporation
Celink 866-654-0020 n/a

Programs using the federal Hardest Hit Fund® are available in some states to assist senior homeowners with reverse mortgages who are in default and may be facing foreclosure. Take a look at what's available in participating states. These resources are specifically for reverse mortgage homeowners who need assistance due to nonpayment of expenses like property taxes, homeowner's insurance, and homeowner's and/or condo association dues.

Keep Your Home California

California’s Reverse Mortgage Assistance Pilot Program (RevMAP) provides up to $35,000 to help qualifying seniors pay property expenses associated with their Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) loan.

Eligibility is based on hardship, property, and mortgage requirements including:

  • Reverse mortgage loan must be an FHA HECM that’s serviced by a HUD-approved HECM servicer who is participating in RevMAP;
  • Homeowner must have suffered an involuntary hardship and meet low and moderate area income limits;
  • Property must be the homeowner’s principal residence, located in California;
  • Current balance of the FHA HECM loan must not be greater than $625,500;
  • Property securing the loan must not be abandoned, vacant or condemned; and
  • Homeowner must have adequate income to sustain required property expense payments going forward.

Eligible homeowners will receive an interest free loan to repay their mortgage servicer for delinquent property expenses paid on their behalf. Funds may also be used to pay up to 12 months of estimated property expenses in advance. The loan requires no payments and will be forgiven after two years, provided you don’t sell or refinance the property and you satisfy all loan terms.

To apply for RevMAP, contact your reverse mortgage servicer. You can also visit or call (888) 954-5337 for more information about the program.

Florida ELMORE Program

The Elderly Mortgage Assistance Program (ELMORE) offers eligible homeowners up to $50,000 to pay for property-related expenses through a forgivable two-year loan.

You may be eligible for assistance if you meet these specific income, hardship and residency requirements:

  • Have a reverse mortgage secured by a property in Florida;
  • Are a legal U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;
  • Reside in your house as your primary residence;
  • Have income lower than 140% of the average median income in your area;
  • Have fallen behind on property-related expenses due to a hardship such as medical expenses, reduction in income, home repairs, divorce, disability, unemployment or under employment, or other challenges; and
  • Can afford property-related payments once you’re caught up through this program.

There is no interest on the loan and there are no payments to make provided you do not sell the property within two years of the date of this loan and you have satisfied all loan terms. If you’ve already received assistance through another Florida Hardest-Hit Fund Program, your total assistance cannot exceed $50,000.

For more information on ELMORE, please call toll-free (855) 414-3328 or visit You can also contact your reverse mortgage servicer who can further assist. Your servicer’s contact information should be on your loan paperwork or on the periodic statements or notices you receive regarding your reverse mortgage loan. For a list of Fannie Mae reverse mortgage servicers, click the Reverse Mortgage Servicers tab section above.

Loan Preservation Assistance (LPA) Program

The Loan Preservation Assistance Program provides up to $40,000 in assistance to homeowners in Oregon who have fallen behind on their property expenses.

To be eligible homeowners must:

  • Have a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM).
  • Be behind on property taxes, insurance and/or homeowner association fees due to a hardship.
  • Demonstrate the ability to pay property expenses going forward.
  • Assistance is provided as an interest-free, five-year forgivable loan that requires no monthly payments.

For more information on the Loan Preservation Assistance program call 503-986-2025 or visit You can also contact your reverse mortgage servicer for assistance.

Illinois Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) Program

Senior homeowners who’ve experienced a drop in income due to a hardship may receive up to $35,000 in mortgage assistance from the Illinois Hardest Hit Fund® program.

Eligibility is based on the homeowner’s residency, income and hardship status. For consideration, homeowners must:

  • Have an FHA mortgage secured by a property in Illinois.
  • Reside in the property as their primary residence.
  • Be behind on real estate taxes.
  • Have income lower than 120% of your county’s median income.
  • Participate in free housing counseling.

For more information on eligibility requirements review this fact sheet or call 855-873-7405. To apply visit or contact your reverse mortgage servicer.

Who should I call if I think I’m being scammed?

If you are contacted by anyone who is not your mortgage company offering to work on your behalf for a fee or claiming you qualify for a loan modification or some other solution, you can report the suspected fraud by calling:

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of the Inspector General Hotline
800-347-3735 or email: [email protected]
Federal Housing Finance Agency Office of the Inspector General Hotline
800-793-7724 or on the Internet at:

Get Help

Learn about what help is available and who to contact.


Find out more »

Learn about your responsibilities

Understand your reverse mortgage responsibilities.

Find out more »

Frequently asked questions

Find the answers to common questions concerning your reverse mortgage.

Find out more »