"I want to better understand reverse mortgages. Where can I get additional trustworthy information?"
Check out these sections and articles for additional information related to reverse mortgages:
- Responsibilities With a Reverse Mortgage is an article published by Fannie Mae with helpful information for seniors (and their loved ones) about reverse mortgages.
- Seniors who reside in Florida and are struggling with property-related expenses may receive assistance from Florida's Elderly Mortgage Assistance Program (ELMORE).
Other websites and links
The websites listed below are also helpful sources to find information about reverse mortgages:
- AARP® website and be sure to read AARP’s guide to reverse mortgages.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) website and search for “reverse mortgages.”
- National Council on Aging (NCOA) website and be sure to read NCOA’s Use Your Home to Stay at Home™ guide about reverse mortgages.