Homeownership Education from Fannie Mae
Buying a home can be one of the biggest moments in your life, but there are several things to consider before you start the process. To help prepare for your journey, we offer Fannie Mae HomeView™, a comprehensive interactive course that you can confidently use as your go-to resource for every step of the homebuying process. The course is available free of charge and fulfills the homeownership education requirement for most mortgage loans, including HomeReady Mortgage.
What you'll learn with HomeView
HomeView allows you to work at your own pace to learn the basics of buying a home. The course starts by helping you determine if you're ready to buy and takes you through the entire process including how to get a mortgage, closing on your home loan, and what to do once you have the keys to your new home. You can expect to learn:
- How to know when you're ready to buy a home
- How to save for homeownership
- The mortgage loan process
- Tips for working with a real estate agent
- How to make an offer on a home
- How to prepare for closing
- The responsibilities of owning a home
Features and benefits
HomeView was created with the needs of homebuyers in mind. It gives you the flexibility to pause and resume the course anytime making it easy to use from your computer, tablet, or smartphone wherever you are and however you can work it into your schedule.
You can also take advantage of these benefits:
- It's free of charge.
- You'll receive a certificate of completion (when you score 80% or higher on the quiz).
- You can return to the course as often as you'd like to use the tools and information as a resource.
- It aligns with National Industry Standards for pre-purchase homeownership education.
- The course, checklists, glossary of terms and course evaluation are available in both English and Spanish.
To learn more and get started on the course go to Fannie Mae Homeview.
If you need or prefer an alternative to an online course, contact the HOPE® Hotline 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) to speak with a HUD-certified counselor that can meet your needs.